Monday, September 27, 2010

Clubhouse grill at Holiday Inn, Downtown Long beach

After not checking until 3pm we really did not like the idea of going too far for dinner. This small casual bar and grill is actually in the Holiday inn so it was very convenient. Adding to the appeal was the fact that kids eat free when you are staying in the hotel.

Miss 4 insisted on the Mac and cheese with fruit or veges, I was trying to decide on a grilled chicken sandwich and fruit or Carribean Pulled pork and mango salsa sandwich.  I opted for the pork.
I want to be able to rave about the food because the waitresses were sooo nice and even went out of their way to return a toy (to our room) my daughter had dropped.
but...the pork sandwich was not really my thing -kind of dry rather than the more wet BBQ pulled pork I had been craving. The mangos were alittle under ripe. Miss 4 loved the Mac and Cheese (no surprises as it was the typical kraft boxed type that all kids seem to love). What was great was the value of the kids meal. $4.89 for dinner ($3.89 breakfast) included a drink, the kids entree and a dessert. Miss 4 chose the Apple pie which was very yummy.
So overall not the best I have tasted but super convenient and great service and for $13 + tip I can't really complain.
I couldn't find a website for the restaurant itself but here is the hotel link

No comments:

Post a Comment